Saturday, October 13, 2012

Guide to High School 101 (Inspirational Speech)


They say that High School years are really the most difficult years to pass through, especially when you are going to be a graduating student.  I can say that it would be true for me, but the right decisions, determination and perseverance, I know that I will go through this smoothly and so can you.  Don’t think that you’ll never survive high school because you will.  You just have to put faith in yourselves.  I too, when I was in your age, though that I am not going to be able to survive high school, and that fear kept me going all night. Trust me, it’s really disturbing having that fear of rejection, fear of failure that haunts you mind like crazy. The more I kept the fear, the more I felt insecure and started to lose trust in myself. Until I was finally able to let it go and started to realize that all the things I’ve been worrying about are just worthless. They are worthless because there’s so many people at your age felt that kind of fear and wanted to reach out to someone who felt the same way as they did. Why not try and reach out to others and be friends with them. Teacher can also be good friends you know. When you go along the way, you may find out that some teacher can relate to what you are telling them and eventually, they become one of our dearest friends.
Back when I was a 1st year student, I was actually worried that I’d be left out. My worry kept me wondering what I was really doing the whole time. Am I taking action by being friendly to my classmates or am I just sitting there in the corner, not minding everyone and just accept that I’m a loner forever? I realized that it was my fear that kept me from doing what I want to do. So I decided to go outside my comfort zone and started socializing with my fellow schoolmates. Because of that, I had made many good friends these past years. High school years are the years you should be treasuring because there are a lot of fun and wonderful moments you will someday share with your classmates, teachers and other students. High school only comes once. I mean, you can to go college again and again if you want keep studying for the rest of you lives. But High school, it’s just worthwhile. So cherish every moment you have during your high school years.
 Remember that high school isn't just about making new friends. It is also about striving you best to reach your goals in life. Your academic performance will really be observed and tested, especially if you are planning to enroll on one of the best schools in town. It is also true that it is hard to aim for higher grades and studying some lessons. But as I say, with determination and giving your best in everything, there is nothing impossible that you can do and achieve as you go along the way.
Do not forget that we are also an example to the peers and followers of God. We must always remember to live up our Christian values in our everyday lives by responding to God’s call of loving service to others. I want to thank my family especially my parents, who have helped me and supported me all the way through. I also want to thank my friends and my community for giving me an inspiration to strive for the best and reach my goals. And lastly, I want to thank God, for never giving up on me, no matter how down and out I am to Him and to everybody. I am really grateful for all the blessings I gave received, especially for all of you having me to say a few words on this stage. Thank you all the God Bless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment